15 Feb 2014

Review | L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara

I thought I would kick-start off my plan to begin publishing reviews on products that I use regularly, and those that I am trying out for the first time. Not only will this provide you readers with a brief idea on what the product is like but I also think it will be interesting to see if my opinion changes over time. As this is my first review I thought I would start by voicing my opinion on a beauty product that I am constantly trying out and always on the hunt for. That product being mascara.

Okay, so unless you've been living under a rock for the past month (highly unlikely), I'm sure you are all familiar with L'Oreal's newest mascara, Mega Volume Miss Manga. Not only has it been heavily advertised but it's been reviewed by several other bloggers and YouTubers. Not surprising considering the fact that the Miss Manga mascara features a 360° flexible cone shaped brush that's supposed to provide an effortless application. I'm sure that this a feature that draws a lot of people to the product. To be quite frank I don't find it to be particularly useful as I don't see the need for it. You have to apply extra pressure to enable the wand to bend and I just don't have time for that. The less faffing around, the better.

 
The lovely Barbara Palvin demonstrating the flexible mascara wand.


It's slightly bizarre but I usually take a massive disliking to new mascaras upon first application and need to use it a good few times for me to start liking it. This has been no exception for the Miss Manga mascara. Upon the first few applications I found this mascara to be overly wet meaning that I often got product on the top of my eyelids. This is not too big of a fuss for me as I always have cotton buds at hand to wipe away any excess product. However, I dislike the fact that it does not separate your eyelashes individually, but instead causes them to clump together in little groups giving off a spidery look.

On a positive note, one thing that is great about this mascara is that it really does lengthen your lashes. For that reason I sometimes use it as a base and in combination with either my L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes (in extra black) or Rimmel Scandaleyes (in extreme black). Both of these mascaras happen to be two of my all time favourites and really do help me achieve the finishing look that I love

Prior to using this product and after reading about the promising results that this mascara states to offer, I was quite excited to see the transformation of my natural eyelashes to va-va-voom eyelashes. Sadly, I am yet to experience this excitement. However, as mentioned beforehand it does take me quite a while to warm up to new mascaras so you never know, I might actually end up loving it. Lol!

Have any of you ladies tried it out and if so what do you think? X



8 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to buying this but have seen too many reviews/comments similar to what you have just posted. :(
    I think I'll stick to my trusty Max Factor!

    http://catcherintherhirhi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really see the point of all these new mascara sticks. Bending seems like it could get messy. I will stick to my Maybelline Colossal. Great review and I love that you were honest.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mascara! It took me a couple of tries to decide whether I liked it or not, but now it's my go-to mascara at the moment
    - ellabellemin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I have read lots of positive reviews so glad I read this! Think tjey are giving it out free at London Fashion Weekend so guess I can make my own mind up!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the review I was thinking of buying it as well.

    new blogger here! http://candynfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your review! I was curious about this one; I'm always tempted to try new drug store mascaras even though I have way too many (like 10 tubes!) of mascara already, 'cause it's a cheap experiment.

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥