19 Feb 2017

#OOTD (Outfit of the Day)

Ciao ♥ Long time no see. How are you? How's everything? What's new? It's certainly been a while since I've been on here. Almost seven months. That's a bloomin' long time come to think of it. I guess some of you are wondering where I've been and what I've been up to. Hmm! To be honest I don't quite know where to begin... and yes the start would obviously be a good place but there's not much to say other than I simply didn't feel like blogging. Psh! You can't blame a girl for being honest especially considering that honesty is the best policy. However, that's not to say I didn't try because I did, I really did. In fact, I probably tried more times than you could possibly imagine but the same thing happened each and every time; after taking what felt like forever to put together a few sentences, I'd end up clicking that ever so tempting x button and told myself I'd try again soon.

Of course soon eventually turned into weeks, then months and has unexpectedly landed me here today. I guess I'm just not about that whole 'trying to force something' way of life. After all there's no point wasting your time and effort on something if your heart and mind are not truly invested in it. When in doubt take a step back and re-evaluate the purpose of it.

I know it's a little too late to wish y'all a happy new year but I do hope it has been good to you so far. Considering March is just around the corner it seems that 2017 is going to pass us by just as quickly as 2016 did. Looking back 2016 was a memorable year and for all of the right reasons. It was a year full of growth and progression. I passed my driving test in March - on my first attempt might I add, got a car in May and finally started climbing the ladder for my chosen career in August - I'm now a HR Administrator and loving it. It's fair to say things only got better as the year progressed. God willing this year will be just as productive if not better.

Anyways, enough of all of this chit-chat as we both know I can talk for England. I thought it would be a good idea to share a recent outfit of mine to help smoothly ease my way back into blogging. I wore this outfit when I met a friend for dinner not too long ago. As we had decided beforehand to eat at good ol' Nandos I wanted the main focus of my outfit to be comfort. It was definitely one of those comfort over everything style kinda days. However, despite being a pretty basic outfit in terms of the lack of colour and the oversized fit of the garments, the bead embroidery on my jumper and the silver studs on my cross-body bag helps to dress it up a little and prevents it from being average and boring. What do you guys think? Is this something you would wear? X

 
Jumper: Zara || Skirt: New Look (borrowed from my sister) || Trainers: Converse || Bag: Burberry

Ciao ♥ Xx

Follow


2 comments:

  1. Blogging should never feel forced lovely so if you didn't feel like blogging then you did the right thing by giving yourself a break. You've accomplished so much in your life outside of blogging so you should be very proud. Well done on passing your driving test first time around! That's amazing! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she's back!! :-D
    Another great look, really like the sweater combined with this skirt!
    I fully just realised all my black tights have holes in them and I'm in need of new ones!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Dominica from London, www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥